Oct 23, 2012

Paradiso?

Its funny - you are taught that to be bored means you have no imagination - but I have found that there is no imagination in the things that are boring - hmmm? I don't know if that even makes sense, but somewhere in my head right now, it does, so out it comes onto this screen. . 

Whenever I see photos of light sandy beaches, strategically placed palm tees, and aquamarine colored water, I can't help but think, how ...boring.  I love the ocean with a passion - I love it when it's crashing at a cliffs edge sending water 80 feet into the air (thank you Sunset Cliffs) or turbulent, matched with an angry sky (thank you Seattle and Ketchikan). I love a calm sea in the middle of the night where it's so dark or foggy you can hardly see around you but you can hear light waves make their way onto the shore (thank you Imperial Beach - ...followed with spotlights by La Migra, but that's another story) - But I have never found passion for the 'sandals' version of a beach yet that's what I see over and over again representing the ideal beauty of the ocean... the boring version of the ocean - the ocean without imagination - like a story without conflict. I guess that's why people call it paradise - Maybe one day (retirement) I will understand the idea of a passionless paradise - but for now my soul craves the imperfection that fuels passion. 

No comments:

Post a Comment